The Power of Mentoring
Apr 10, 2020
Historically, people have been part of tribes, villages, and communities of deep relationship. People were surrounded with a network of people who could provide guidance, mentoring, support; who would ask deep and challenging questions. This level of support is missing in most people’s lives now, and it’s hard to replicate on the historical scale. What is available now is professional mentoring.
Helpers Mentoring Society offers several pathways to both personal (one-on-one) and small group mentoring. Our organization's mentors focus on several different topics including the following:
- Personal Growth Mentoring - The missing ingredient in people's personal growth is mentoring. Personal mentoring accelerates growth and focuses on individual well-being. The goals of this mentoring are directed by the mentee.
- Advanced Connection Practices (Lineage) Mentoring- Helpers Mentoring Society has ties to several powerful earth-based wisdom traditions which have combined to create a unique lineage - focused results. For those who are ready, we offer mentoring in this wisdom lineage. Lineage mentoring provides teachings and trainings about specific tools and techniques.
- Business of Connection Mentoring - This mentoring is specific to those who are running schools and trainings who are seeking guidance on how to improve what they are delivering. Helpers Mentoring Society's staff have worked with educational technology and techniques for many years and can offer support from our experiences.
Understanding the Impact of Mentoring
When a person is guided to connection experiences and is supported with good mentoring, specific behavior patterns start to shine in the person. These characteristics seem to reside innately within us, often just under the surface, but need to be activated and energized with the power of relational building experiences and integrated with mentoring. The characteristics that shine brightly in people who have “turned on” through deep connection include:
- A profound sense of inner peace
- Deep empathy
- Increased compassion and sympathy
- An increase in lifeforce energy
- Engaging the moment with more passion
- Acting to help with whatever needs are at hand
- Clarity of thought and feelings
- Balanced relationship within their body, heart, mind, and spirit
- Increase in a sense of well-being