TERMS AND CONDITIONS for Courses
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before completing your booking form. Once a completed booking form has been accepted by Helpers Mentoring Society LLC. the persons named on the booking form will have entered a binding contract based on these terms and conditions.
1. Agreement: Agreement on the basis these terms and conditions arise upon the fulfilment of all the following: receipt by Helpers Mentoring Society LLC of a properly completed booking form accompanied by the payment or deposit specified clearance of the payment or deposit into the bank account. Helpers Mentoring Society LLC reserves the right to refuse a booking, without the need to give reason. In such a circumstance, any payment accompanying the booking will be returned. The agreement is between Helpers Mentoring Society LLC and the client(s) and is the sole agreement between these two parties.
2. Bookings: By signing the booking form, you are entering into a contract with Helpers Mentoring Society LLC and are committing to pay course fees. Upon completion of the booking form (email confirmation is accepted in this case), we will confirm that your course dates are reserved for you.
3. Fees: Upon receiving your deposit, your booking is firm. Deposits for paying participants are non-refundable, unless otherwise stated in writing by Helpers Mentoring Society LLC.
If making a booking less than 60 days before the start date, the full fee is payable immediately. If your deposit or final payment balance is more than 2 weeks overdue, Helpers Mentoring Society LLC reserves the right let a participant’s place go, or to cancel the booking.
4. Amendment or Cancellation by you:
Helpers Mentoring Society LLC will endeavor to accommodate amendments to bookings, however we cannot guarantee that it will be possible. If it is not possible to make an amendment, then the original booking remains a firm contract.
Cancellations of an individual place at our courses are only accepted as written notifications (email or letter). Cancellation takes effect from the date we receive your notification. If the booking is cancelled for any reason, the following cancellation charges will apply:
1. Cancellations with over 60 days’ notice of the start date: Your deposit will be retained but no further payment due.
2. Cancellations between 60 and 30 days’ notice of the start date: 60% of total cost payable.
3. Cancellations less than 30 days’ notice before the start date: 100% of total cost payable.
5. Minimum Numbers: Amendments to bookings which take the number of participants below the minimum course number will not be accepted. Helpers Mentoring Society LLC reserve the right to cancel a program if insufficient places have been booked and confirmed.
6. Force Majeure: We will not be liable to pay any compensation if we are forced to cancel or make changes to any aspect of the course due to circumstances beyond our control which we or our partners could not have reasonably foreseen. Such circumstances include, but are not restricted to, war or threat of war, terrorist activity, riots or civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, bad weather, closure of airports, ports or stations, cancellation or changes in schedules by air, land or sea carriers.
7. Insurance: Helpers Mentoring Society LLC has full 5 million public liability insurance.
8. Complaint: In the event that a participant(s) has a complaint, Helpers Mentoring Society LLC would appreciate that it is brought to their attention during the program(s)” in order that corrective action can be taken. However, should a problem not be resolved, a complaint should be made in writing within 28 days of the Helpers Mentoring Society LLC program(s) completion date. To the extent permitted by law, Helpers Mentoring Society LLC will not be liable in respect of claims first intimated later than 28 days from the close of the relevant course.
9. Photo Consent Form: By signing the photo consent form, that person allows Helpers Mentoring Society LLC the right to use photos, videos, voice clips and quotes for publishing, funding bids, or any other need we deem necessary. Completion of the photo consent form is optional.
10. Medical Consent via booking form: By signing our booking form, you are agreeing to be responsible for your own well-being. Please advise us of medical issues or health issues prior to booking. This allows us to be sensitive to your needs. These events are attended at your own risk, by signing below you are agreeing that you are responsible for your own well-being.
11. Health: Course participants must expect to be involved in adventurous and sometimes strenuous activities. No previous training or experience is required but you must be of good general health. We can take no responsibility in the event of any ailment or aggravation of ailment suffered either during or after the course which arises from an undeclared injury or illness. Helpers Mentoring Society LLC states that the natural environment & other habitats are potentially dangerous places & may cause harm. Whilst we alert participant(s) to these possible dangers it is impossible to list all such hazards & dangers.
The following requires the most specific attention:
1. Participant(s) agree they are fully aware that there may be risks involved during a Helpers Mentoring Society LLC program even under the safest conditions. Whilst we will take every effort possible to minimize risk and ensure a safe environment the participant(s) hereby agree to accept full responsibility & assume all risk(s), including those caused by acts of God, of injury, death &/or loss to his/her person &/or property, knowingly & voluntarily.
12. Behavior: We reserve the right to exclude any participant before or after the course start, if we have not been fully advised regarding personal details/issues, and if in the opinion of the course director if his/her behavior is incompatible with other participants. If this happens, the booker will be liable for all additional incurred or claims from third parties, and we will not be liable for compensation. So please inform us properly so that we can fully present for all the attendees.
13. Eligibility for discounted rates: You are eligible for the discounted rate on our programs if you are a full-time student or Native American/Alaskan/Hawaiian Enrolled in a Federally recognized tribe. There are also work-trade and scholarship options, when available. Please provide details on the work-trade/scholarship form and send in evidence to accompany your application.
14. Payment plans: Payment plans are available. We now only accept instalments by standing order and the full balance must be received before the end of the training.
15. Changes to this agreement: Helpers Mentoring Society LLC reserves the right to update the Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice.
16. Materials: The Course Fee does not cover any materials that are not listed as Course Contents for your Course. HELPERS MENTORING SOCIETY notes that you may need to provide your own equipment in addition to the Course Contents at your cost to successfully complete all assignments.